Ylang ylang is a popular oil in aromatherapy due to its peace promoting property and fresh sweet scent. It is originally from the Phillipines and Indonesia and it was traditionally used to decorate the bed of a newly married couple . The oil is used to alleviate stress, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, improve mood, and enhance libido. In addition, Ylang Ylang essential oil is said to act as a natural insect repellent, promote wound healing, and diminish the appearance of scars when applied to the skin.
Botanical Name : Cananga Odorata
Aromatic Description: Fresh, Slightly fruity and floral
Part of plant distilled: Flower
Colour: Ranges from pale to deep yellow
Main compounds: linalool, geranyl acetate, caryophyllene
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Properties: Antimicrobial, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, sedative.
SKIN AND HAIR CARE
• Improves skin tone.
• Protects Skin against acne. –
• Reduces irritation and redness of the skin.
• Kills head lice.
• Stops itching caused by insect bites.
• Promotes a peaceful environment.
• Said to help fatigue and frigidity/lack of libido
• Acts as a sleep aid.
• Regulates blood pressure.
• Fights diabetes.
• Balances hormones.
• Increases sexual desire.
• Boosts heart health.
• Used as an antiseptic.
• Purifies the air and removes stale odours.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• Add a few drops into your diffuser.
• Add several drops to your hot bath.
• Add to household cleaning agent.
• Add a few drops in hot water or hot towel and inhale.
Always conduct a test patch on the inner forearm by applying diluted essential oil and give it time, if it does not show adverse reactions use on other parts of the body:
• Mix with carrier oils and apply on hair or skin.
• Rub a few drops between your palms.
• Add to your moisturizer for toning and rejuvenation of the skin.
• Add a few drops to a damp towel and apply directly to inflamed areas.
• Rub on your wrists for a lovely perfume scent.
• Dilute and burn in an oil burner.
• Not for internal use.
• Keep away from sunlight.
• Slightly flammable. Store away from heat.
• Avoid contact with eyes, nose, ears and mucous membranes.
• Do not use on already damaged skin.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, young children and people with serious medical conditions should ALWAYS consult a physician before using essential oils.
There are no reviews yet.