Botanical name: Boswellia carterii
Aromatic Description: Sweet, woody and warm aroma
Part of plant distilled: Resin
Colour: Clear to pale yellow with a hint of green
Main compounds: α-pinene, limonene, octyl acetate, a-thujene, and (E)-β-ocimene
Method of Extraction: Steam distillation
Properties: anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, diuretic, antiseptic, anti-microbial and carminative.
SKIN AND HAIR CARE;
- Repair and regenerate skin cells.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Strengthens hair roots.
PEST AND PARASITE CONTROL;
- Can be used against legume pests
- Can be used to treat parasitic infections.
- Alleviates stress and anxiety
- Enhances concentration and relaxation
- Stimulates, protects and boosts the immune system.
- Reduces pain and joint inflammation
- Strengthens and invigorate the respiratory system
- Relieves wheezing
- Natural deodorant for rooms.
- Clears grease from surfaces when used with citrus oils like lemon.
- Eliminates harmful airborne bacteria.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Add a few drops into your diffuser.
- Add several drops to your hot bath.
- Add to household cleaning agents.
- Add a few drops in hot water or onto a hot towel and inhale.
- Blend with other oils to lighten up fragrance and spray.
Always conduct a test patch on the inner forearm by applying diluted essential oil and give it time, if it does not show adverse reactions use on other parts of the body.
- Mix with carrier oils and apply on hair or skin.
- Rub a few drops between your palms.
- Add to your moisturizer for toning and rejuvenation of the skin.
- Add a few drops to a damp towel and apply directly to inflamed areas and wounds.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and burn in an oil burner.
- Mix with baking soda and lemon essential oil to scrub greasy surfaces.
- Not for internal use.
- Keep away from sunlight.
- Frankincense may have blood thinning effects.
- Slightly flammable. Store away from heat.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, ears and mucous membranes.
- Do not use on already damaged skin.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, young children and people with other medical conditions should ALWAYS consult a physician before using essential oils.