This particular type of frankincense amongst the Boswellia species is native to Somalia which is also the World’s biggest producer of frankincense. It’s resins are opaque in colour and it is widely used as incense across most religions . It is also distilled to produce frankincense essential oil which is widely used in aromatherapy,cosmetics and perfumery as well as for its health benefits. It is often referred to as Pure incense due to its quality.
Botanical name: Boswellia carterii
Aromatic Description: Sweet, woody and warm aroma
Part of plant distilled: Resin
Colour: Clear to pale yellow with a hint of green
Main compounds: α-pinene, limonene, octyl acetate, a-thujene, and (E)-β-ocimene
Method of Extraction: Steam distillation
Properties: anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, diuretic, antiseptic, anti-microbial and carminative.
SKIN AND HAIR CARE;
- Repair and regenerate skin cells.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Strengthens hair roots.
PEST AND PARASITE CONTROL;
- Can be used against legume pests
- Can be used to treat parasitic infections.
- Alleviates stress and anxiety
- Enhances concentration and relaxation
- Stimulates, protects and boosts the immune system.
- Reduces pain and joint inflammation
- Strengthens and invigorate the respiratory system
- Relieves wheezing
- Natural deodorant for rooms.
- Clears grease from surfaces when used with citrus oils like lemon.
- Eliminates harmful airborne bacteria.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Add a few drops into your diffuser.
- Add several drops to your hot bath.
- Add to household cleaning agents.
- Add a few drops in hot water or onto a hot towel and inhale.
- Blend with other oils to lighten up fragrance and spray.
Always conduct a test patch on the inner forearm by applying diluted essential oil and give it time, if it does not show adverse reactions use on other parts of the body.
- Mix with carrier oils and apply on hair or skin.
- Rub a few drops between your palms.
- Add to your moisturizer for toning and rejuvenation of the skin.
- Add a few drops to a damp towel and apply directly to inflamed areas and wounds.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and burn in an oil burner.
- Mix with baking soda and lemon essential oil to scrub greasy surfaces.
- Not for internal use.
- Keep away from sunlight.
- Frankincense may have blood thinning effects.
- Slightly flammable. Store away from heat.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, ears and mucous membranes.
- Do not use on already damaged skin.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, young children and people with other medical conditions should ALWAYS consult a physician before using essential oils.
There are no reviews yet.