Botanical name: Eugenia caryophyllata/ Syzygium aromaticum
Aromatic Description: Strong, warm and spicy scent
Part of plant distilled: Dried flower buds of the clove plant.
Colour: Colourless to yellow
Main compounds: eugenol, eugenol acetate and B- Caryophyllene
Method of Extraction: Steam distillation.
Properties: antioxidant, anti -inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal and pain reliever.
SKIN AND HAIR CARE;
- Prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
- Gives skin a radiant and youthful appearance.
- Reduces the sagginess of skin.
- Reduces hair fall.
- Promotes hair growth
- Gives shine to dull and dry hair.
- Can be used as a conditioner when used with olive oil.
- Repels, flies, ants and moths
- It can be used to deter snakes.
- Works best against cockroaches when used with other citrus essential oils,
- Fills the air with a warm-welcome scent.
- Improves circulation thus soothing muscle aches.
- Heightens inner strengths.
- Mentally stimulating and invigorating.
- Pain reliever for tooth ache
- Relieves respiratory conditions such as sore throat and sinuses.
- Eases digestive upsets
- Good for cleaning moulds from hard surfaces.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Add a few drops into your diffuser.
- Add to household cleaning agents.
- Add a few drops in hot water or onto a hot towel and inhale.
- Blend with other oils and spray.
Always conduct a test patch on the inner forearm by applying diluted essential oil and give it time, if it does not show adverse reactions use on other parts of the body.
- Mix with carrier oils and apply on hair or skin.
- Rub a few drops between your palms.
- Add to your moisturizer for toning and rejuvenation of the skin.
- For toothache dip a cotton ball and wipe it over the gums at the point of the pain.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and burn in an oil burner.
- Not for internal use.
- Clove bud essential oil is strong and irritating on the skin, use sparingly.
- Keep away from sunlight.
- Slightly flammable. Store away from heat.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, ears and mucous membranes.
- Do not use on already damaged skin.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, young children and people with other medical conditions should ALWAYS consult a physician before using essential oils.